• Miguel F. Prazeres, Professor @ IST/ULisboa, PT
• Pedro M. Paulo, Research Scientist @ IST/ULisboa, PT
• Nuno João Silva, Research Scientist @ CICECO, UAveiro, PT
• Peter Zijlstra, Professor @ TUEindhoven, Eindohoven, NL
• Angel Millan, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
• Romana Schirhagl, University of Groningen, Groningen, NL
Rui is currently working on the development and synthesis of magnetic and optical nanomaterials. In particular, he is using gold and silver nanoparticles, iron oxide and iron selenide nanoparticles and carbon nanodots, which will be further applied in the field of biosensors for nucleic acid detection and proteolytic activity determination in real-time.
Oliveira-Silva R, Sousa-Jerónimo M, Botequim D, Silva NJO, Paulo PMR, Prazeres DMF, Monitoring Proteolytic Activity in Real Time: A New World of Opportunities for Biosensors, Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 45, 7, 604, 2020.
Oliveira-Silva R, Pereira RA, Silva FM, Gaspar VM, Ibarra A, Millán A, Sousa FL, Mano JF, Silva NJO, “Temperature-responsive nanomagnetic logic gates for cellular hyperthermia”, Materials Horizons, 6, 524-530, 2019.
Oliveira-Silva R, Sousa-Jerónimo M, Botequim D, Silva NJO, Prazeres DMF, Paulo PMR, “Density Gradient Selection of Colloidal Silver Nanotriangles for Assembling Dye-Particle Plasmophores”, Nanomaterials, 9, 893, 2019.
Matias IAS, Ribeiro APC, Oliveira-Silva RP, Prazeres DMF, Martins LMDRS, “Gold Nanotriangles as Selective Catalysts for Cyclohexanol and Cyclohexanone Production”. Applied Sciences, 8, 2655, 2018.
Fantoni A, Fernandes M, Vygranenko Y, Vieira M, Oliveira-Silva R, Prazeres DMF, Ribeiro APC, Alegria ECBA, Optical properties of metal nanoparticles embedded in amorphous silicon analysed using discrete dipole approximation, Proceedings Volume 10526, Physics and Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices XXVI; 1052609 (2018) https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2289983
Oliveira-Silva R, Pereira RA, Silva FM, Gaspar VM, Ibarra A, Millán A, Sousa FL, Mano JF, Silva NJO, “Monitorization of cellular hyperthermia using iron selenide nanoplatelets as temperature-responsive nanomagnetic logic gates”, 6th Nano Today Conference, 16 – 20 June 2019, Lisboa, Portugal.
Oliveira-Silva R, Pereira RA, Silva FM, Gaspar VM, Ibarra A, Millán A, Sousa FL, Mano JF, Silva NJO, Temperature-responsive magnetic logic gates in cellular hyperthermia process”, NanoSpain2019, 28 – 31 May 2019, Barcelona, Spain,
DOCTORAL PROGRAM (36 ECTS)
• General Doctoral Training (6 ECTS)
• Advanced Experimental Techniques and methodologies (6 ECTS)
• Bioentrepreneurship (6 ECTS)
• Surfaces, Interfaces and Colloids (6 ECTS)
• Advanced Biomaterials (6 ECTS)
• Nanobiotechnology (6 ECTS)