The fifth edition of the INFRARISK- Summer Workshop was held at University of Minho, Guimarães, on the 15th of July 2019.
This year the workshop had the participation of Prof. Atilla Ansal and Dr. Desmond Hartford, members of Board of Advisors of the PhD program. Prof. José Luís Zêzere was the Keynote Speaker of the event and gave the lecture entitled ‘‘Spatial and temporal incidence of disastrous floods and landslides in Portugal during the last 150 years“.
Research work carried out in the scope of the scholarships attributed in the framework of the Doctoral Program InfraRisk- was presented and discussed:
- Robustness of multi-story timber buildings in seismic regions – Leonardo Rodrigues, PhD degree in March 2019, University of Minho
- Probabilistic seismic risk assessment of “Placa” buildings: Selection of Building Stock Geometry and Properties - Vasco Bernardo, 2nd year student, LNEC
- Mitigating earthquake vulnerability of mixed URM-RC buildings at the urban scale: Numerical analysis of representative intervened URM-RC buildings - Gonçalo Lopes, 2nd year student, University of Aveiro
- Development of aluminium alloy hysteretic damping system: Material Characterization - Ricardo Ferreira, 2nd year student, IST
- Seismic retrofit options for an old RC wall-frame building in Lisbon: Impact on loss estimation and cost-benefit analysis - Claudia Caruso, 4th year student, IST
- Multi-objective optimization of irregular RC bridge infrastructures based on evolutionary algorithms - Vitor Camacho, 4th year student, IST
- Cost function review in seismic risk mitigation - Sanam Moghimi, 4th year student, IST
- Experimental testing in support of a seismic risk assessment – Gidewon Goitom, 4th year student, LNEC
- A Scoping Study for the assessment of Historical Centres - Rui Maio, 4th year student, University of Aveiro
- Numerical modelling of URM buildings with timber diaphragms - Maria Pia Ciocci, 3rd year student, University of Minho
- Advances on risk and reliability analysis of coastal, maritime and offshore structure - Tiago Ferradosa, PhD degree in September 2018, FEUP
- Stochastic modelling of fluvial morphodynamics - Bruno Oliveira, 4th year student, FEUP
- Risk-based analysis of bridge scour prediction with live bed conditions – Ana Margarida Bento, 3rd year student, LNEC
Infrastructures & Geotechnics
- Experimental investigation of embankment failure by overtopping - Teresa Alvarez, 3rd year student, IST
- Risk analysis of bridges using a new reliability-based robustness assessment methodology - Hugo Guimarães, 5th year student, University of Minho
- Risk management applied to cultural heritage buildings: The effect of soil settlements and vibrations induced by underground structures - Georgios Karanikoloudis, 4th year student, University of Minho
- Capacity assessment of a high-voltage lattice tower under different loading patterns - Fábio Paiva, 3rd year student, IST
The workshop promoted interaction, discussion of future development amongst participants, colleagues and academic staff from the Board of Studies (BoS) to PhD Supervisors.
Detailed program of the workshop is available here.