The third edition of the INFRARISK- Summer Workshop was held at LNEC, Lisbon, on the 28th of July 2017.
This year the workshop had the participation of Prof. Atilla Ansal and Prof. Desmond Hartford, members of Board of Advisors of the PhD program. Dr. James Daniell was the invited speaker of the event and gave the lecture entitled ‘An application of Natural Hazards Risk Modelling: Wine!’.
Detailed program of the workshop is available here.
Research work carried out in the scope of the scholarships attributed in the framework of the Doctoral Program InfraRisk- was presented and discussed:
PhD Students 2016
- Risk-Based Analysis of Bridge Scour Prediction with Live Bed Conditions- Ana Margarida Bento, LNEC.
- Risk Analysis of Power Transmission Lines Systems to Natural Hazards with Emphasis on Earthquakes and Extreme Events - Fábio Paiva, IST.
- Experimental Investigation and Numerical Modelling of Dyke Failure by Overtopping - Teresa Alvarez, IST.
PhD Students 2015
- Optimization of Numerical Modelling in the Context of Sensitivity Analysis - Bruno Oliveira, FEUP.
- Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of Old Frame-Wall Buildings in Lisbon - Claudia Caruso, IST.
- Risk management applied to cultural heritage buildings. The effect of soil settlements and vibrations induced by underground structures. - Giorgos Karanikoloudis, UMinho.
- Stability Analysis of a Shake Table Hybrid Simulation for Linear and Non-Linear SDOF Systems - Gidewon Goitom, LNEC.
- Earthquake risk mitigation of urban cultural heritage assets – Research project and preliminary results - Rui Maio, UA.
- Fragility Curves for Reinnforced Concrete Pre-Seismic Code Portuguese Building Stock - Sanam Moghimi, LNEC.
- Categorization of bridges according to dynamic behaviour and definition of a framework for optimization - Vitor Camacho, IST.
PhD Students 2014
- Probabilistic Seismic Vulnerability Assessment “Gaioleiro” Buildings - Ana Simões, IST.
- Statistical analysis of the effect of the angle of seismic incidence on probabilistic inelastic sesimic demand - Despoina Skoulidou, FEUP.
- Risk analysis of bridges using a new reliability-based robustness assessment methodology - Hugo Guimarães, UMinho.
- Robustness of Multi-Storey Timber Buildings - Leonardo Rodrigues, UMinho.
- How to identify critical hotspots in coastal zones? Challenges and solutions - Pedro Narra, UA.
- The influence of correlated spectral parameters in risk analysis of scour protections - Tiago Ferradosa, FEUP.
The workshop promoted interaction, discussion of future development amongst participants, colleagues and academic staff from the Board of Studies (BoS) to PhD Supervisors.