The second edition of the INFRARISK- Summer Workshop was held at FEUP, Porto, on the 8th of July 2016.
This year the workshop had the participation of Prof. Atilla Ansal and Prof. Desmond Hartford, members of Board of Advisors of the PhD program. Prof. Desmond Hartford gave the keynote lecture entitled ‘Risk Engineering at the Boundary between Science, Policy and Politics‘. Detailed program of the workshop is available here.
Research work carried out in the scope of the scholarships attributed in the framework of the Doctoral Program InfraRisk- was presented and discussed:
PhD Students 2015
- Stochastic Approach to the Numerical Modelling of Fluvial Morphodynamics - Bruno Oliveira, FEUP.
- Modelling Issues for Old Reinforced Concrete Buildings - Claudia Caruso, IST.
- The effect of soil settlements on cultural heritage buildings, induced by underground structures. A preliminary study - Giorgos Karanikoloudis, UMinho.
- Recent developments in Real-Time Hybrid Simulation (RTHS) - Gidewon Goitom, LNEC.
- Earthquake risk mitigation of urban cultural heritage – Rui Maio, UA.
- Mitigation Framework for Seismic Prone Zone Considering a Cost Effectiveness Analysis - Sanam Moghimi, LNEC.
- Introduction to seismic analysis of irregular bridges - Vitor Camacho, IST.
PhD Students 2014
- Seismic Assessment of the Masonry “Gaioleiro” Buildings in Lisbon. Case Study and Sensitive Analysis – Ana Simões, IST.
- Analysis of RC buildings under earthquakes with arbitrary orientations. Results and Challenges – Despoina Skoulidou, FEUP.
- Risk analysis of bridges using a new reliability-based robustness assessment methodology. Current Status: achievements and challenges – Hugo Guimarães, UMinho.
- Seismic behaviour of RC buildings infilled with masonry walls – João Mário Oliveira, FEUP.
- Impact of Spatial Variability of Strength and Stiffness Properties on the Sesimic Behaviour of Timber-Frame Structures - Leonardo Rodrigues, UMinho.
- Coastal Erosion Risk Assessment at Portuguese Speaking Countries. CERA: An open-source application to assess coastal erosion risk – Pedro Narra, UA.
- Risk Analysis Applied to Scour Dynamical Protection Systems for Offshore Foundations Optimisation. Risk Analysis and Probabilities of Failure in Offshore Monopile Foundations - Tiago Ferradosa, FEUP.
The workshop promoted interaction, discussion of future development amongst participants, colleagues and academic staff from the Board of Studies (BoS) to PhD Supervisors.