The fourth edition of the INFRARISK- Summer Workshop was held at IST, Lisbon, on the 18th of July 2018.
This year the workshop had the participation of Dr. Desmond Hartford and Dr. Sébastien Proust, members of Board of Advisors of the PhD program. Dr. Sébastien Proust was the keynote speaker of the event and gave the lecture entitled ‘The hydraulic modeling of extreme flood events‘.
Dr. James Daniell was an invited speaker of the event. His lecture entitled ‘The Global RApid-post-disaster Damage Estimation Approach is available here.
Research work carried out in the scope of the scholarships attributed in the framework of the Doctoral Program InfraRisk- was presented and discussed:
- Evaluation of the angle of seismic incidence effect on the collapse risk of RC buildings – Despoina Skoulidou, 4th year student, FEUP
- Experimental Tests & Numerical Modeling of Cross-Laminated Timber Diagrams - Leonardo Rodrigues, 4th year student, University of Minho
- Seismic Risk Assessment of “Placa” Buildings. Cost-effectiveness Analysis of Techniques for Risk Mitigation – Vasco Bernardo, 1st year student, LNEC
- Mitigating Earthquake Vulnerability of Mixed URM-RC Buildings at the Urban Scale. Characterization of mixed URM-RC buildings typologies - Gonçalo Lopes, 1st year student, University of Aveiro
- Development of aluminium alloy hysteretic damping system for seismic retrofitting of pre-coded reinforced concrete buildings -Ricardo Ferreira, 1st year student, IST
- Seismic Loss Estimation and Strengthening of an old RC building in Lisbon - Claudia Caruso, 3rd year student, IST
- Optimization methodology for the design of reinforced concrete bridge infrastructures based on evolutionary algorithms - Vitor Camacho, 3rd year student, IST
- Seismic Risk OF PreCode RC Buildings Retrofitted with Jacketing. RC Building of up to 4 Storeys in Metropolitan Area of Lisbon - Sanam Moghimi, 3rd year student, IST
- Real-time hybrid simulation in shake table tests – development and application to a soil-structure system. Development and validation of an experimental platform for hybrid simulation and uncertainty quantific - Gidewon Goitom, 3rd year student, LNEC
- Economic Prospects of Rehabilitation of UCH Assets in Portugal. Seismic Repair-Cost Functions – Rui Maio, 3rd year student, University of Aveiro
- Investigations on the Seismic Behaviour of URM Buildings with Timber Floors: Research Methodology and Introductory Results - Maria Pia Ciocci, 3rd year student, University of Minho
- CERA: GIS-Based Assessment on Coastal Erosion Risk - Pedro Narra, 4th year student, University of Aveiro
- The Joy of Reliable Scour Protections A PhD survival guide – the lessons I took - Tiago Ferradosa, 4th year student, FEUP
- Sensitivity Analysis and Probability Density of Bed Morphodynamics – Bruno Oliveira, 3rd year student, FEUP
- Risk-Based Analysis of Bridge Scour Prediction with Live Bed Conditions - Ana Margarida Bento, 2nd year student, LNEC
Infrastructures & Geothecnics
- Experimental Investigation and Numerical Modelling of Embankment Failure by Overtopping - Teresa Alvarez, 2nd year student, IST
- Multi-Hazard Assessment for the Safety Management of Embankment Dams. First steps – Gonçalo Faustino, 1st year student, LNEC
- Risk analysis of bridges using a new reliability-based robustness assessment methodology - Hugo Guimarães, 4th year student, University of Minho
- Fatigue loading in historic brick masonry under moderate stress levels. Experimentally based investigations and monitoring strategies - Georgios Karanikoloudis, 3rd year student, University of Minho
- Dynamic Structural Health Monitoring of a Overhead Power Line using Interferometric Radar – Fábio Paiva, 2nd year student, IST
The workshop promoted interaction, discussion of future development amongst participants, colleagues and academic staff from the Board of Studies (BoS) to PhD Supervisors.
Detailed program of the workshop is available here.