The first edition of the INFRARISK- Summer Workshop was held at the University of Aveiro on the 3rd of July 2015.
This year the workshop had the participation of Prof. Atilla Ansal, member of Board of Advisors of the PhD program, which gave the keynote lecture entitled Microzonation with respect to Earthquake Hazards.
Research work carried out in the scope of the scholarships attributed in the framework of the Doctoral Program InfraRisk- was presented and discussed:
- Evaluation and Reduction of the Vulnerability of “Gaioleiro” Buildings – Ana Simões, IST.
- New methods for the seismic safety assessment of existing buildings in the context of Eurocode 8 – Part 3 – Despoina Skoulidou, FEUP.
- Robustness of transportation networking systems – Application to a case study – Hugo Guimarães, UMinho.
- Influence of infill masonry walls in the seismic behaviour and safety of RC buildings with ductile detailing – João Mário Oliveira, FEUP.
- Robustness of multi-storey timber buildings in seismic regions - Leonardo Rodrigues, UMinho.
- Coastal Erosion Risk Assessment at Portuguese Speaking Countries – Pedro Narra, UA.
- Risk Analysis of Dynamic Scour Protection Systems for Offshore Foundations - Tiago Ferradosa, FEUP.
The workshop promoted interaction, discussion of future development amongst participants, colleagues and academic staff from the Board of Studies (BoS) to PhD Supervisors.
Detailed program is available here.