Welcome to the e-lab wiki. Here you can find all the consolidated documentation on the e-lab experiments.
e-lab platform allows students to perform real experiments through the Internet.
Most the physical setup for the experiments is hosted at Instituto Superior Técnico. The experiment is controlled by the administrator, who is the top user at the end of the queue of all users. On special occasions the experiment administrator is a granted special rights when controlling an experiment, like a teacher who has booked the lab in advance. On such situations he can direct the experiment and all the students will share the data and graphics simultaneously, despite any physical distance.
The data and video feed from each experiment are captured by sensors and cameras, which are connected to a central server and then broadcasted to the subscribers through the internet.
Each control room is specific to each experiment and has its own page, where the user can find a protocol, suggestions for variations to the experience, as well as explanations and reviews of the data. There's a chat room in each control room, so that everyone can share and comment information about the experiments and the data analysis (results).
Control room, experimental apparatus, protocol and experimental setup are key concepts in e-lab:
- Control Room: virtual environment to control a real apparatus belonging to a laboratory.
- Experimental apparatus: equipment that allows performing certain experiments.
- Experimental setup: experimental apparatus configuration according to the protocol to be executed.
- Protocol: steps needed to carry out an experiment with a particular selection and configuration of the apparatus.
Users can send suggestions or reports of their own experiences to this email.
You can also see the Sponsors that have made this project possible.
The World Pendulum project is a good example of our future plans.
- Free Fall (determination of the standard gravity)
- Liquid Pressure Variation with Depth
- Dice Statistics
- Hooke's law
- Boyle-Mariotte Law
- Determination of the Speed of Sound
- Linear Momentum Conservation
- Simple Gravity Pendulum (under construction)
- World Pendulum
- Thermal Conductivity of Metals
- Radiation Attenuation over Different Materials
- Weather Station
- Damped Pendulum Oscillations
- Angular Momentum Conservation
- Pinhole Camera Optics
- Semi-cilinder Optical Behavior
- Magnetic field created by two wires
- Light Polarization
- Determination of Planck's Constant
- Acoustic Standing Waves
- Determination of the Adiabatic Constant
- Propagation of Solitons (under construction)
- Dielectric effect in a Cilindric Capacitor
- Langmuir Probe
- Paschen Curve
- Instaling Java
- e-lab from the command prompt
- Add e-lab to Java's Security Exception Site List
This wiki and related material accessed by the e-lab portal has been release by www.e-lab.ist.eu is licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição-Partilha nos termos da mesma licença 4.0 Internacional License.