Almeida Garrett Programme
Almeida Garrett is a national mobility programme for higher education students in public institutions. Its aim is to promote the quality and reinforce the national dimension of the Higher Education System, allowing the mobility of students for 1 semester period, which will correspond to a maximum of 30 ECTS Credits.
Almeida Garrett Programme is very similar to the ERASMUS Programme (bilateral agreements between higher education institutions, full recognition of the academic curricular units taken at the host institution; tuition paid at the home institution).
This programme is for 1st and 2nd cycle students. The mobility period for 1st cycle students is in year 2 and the prerequisite is that the student must have completed a total of 60 ECTS when he starts the mobility. The mobility period for the 2nd cycle students takes place in the 2nd semester and only during that period.
There no grants to support this programme.
The Portuguese Universities that integrate this programme are:
- Universidade dos Açores
- Universidade do Algarve
- Universidade de Aveiro
- Universidade da Beira Interior
- Universidade de Coimbra
- Universidade de Évora
- Universidade de Lisboa
- Universidade da Madeira
- Universidade do Minho
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Universidade do Porto
- Universidade Técnica de Lisboa
- Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
- Instituto Superior de Ciências do Trabalho e da Empresa
- Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Universidade Aberta
IST students Applications
- The students must have completed a total of 60 ECTS when the mobility starts.
- The students must check the Rules before applying and contact the Mobility Coordinator for advice.
- IST students must submit the application form to the Mobility / NMCI along with the following documents:
- Copy of the ID Card/Citizen Card
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass)
- Transcript of Records
Applications to IST
Is you want to apply for a period of studies at IST, please contact the Mobility Coordinator at your Home Institution to submit the application.